This is my second Cielo dress. The first one I made as a toile, see my previous post. Unfortunately it shrunk, and is now a lovely tunic, which I wear with navy leggings.
I couldn’t decide whether to go down a size as the neckline was a bit big on the top version. Eventually I decided to stick with the 14 as it was the closest to my measurements.
I wanted a short sleeved version with pockets for the Spring. I fancied the grey chambray with swallows on. I bought 3 metres of this from Higgs and Higgs at £7 per metre.
I couldn’t figure out how the dress pockets worked from the shape of the pattern pieces and was convinced it wouldn’t work. However, of course I was wrong. After a couple of steps to the construction, it was obvious! I also chose to do the neck facings rather than the bias strip and I am glad I did as the neck fits perfectly. The top stitching and cuffs are nice details along with the massive pockets.
The construction was easy and I cut it out one day and sewed it up in a day.
There were no issues with the pattern or the fabric. I am very pleased with it and can see me wearing it a lot.