This pattern has been a challenge! I will detail more about it when I do my Minerva blog.
There does seem to be a glaring mistake in the instructions. The back bodice comes in 2 pieces but the instructions never tell you to sew them together and in the pictures it looks like 1 piece??
Ah the collar, I’ve left that piece at home! So we will opt for the pussy bow instead. I haven’t got that bit either but I can sort of make that up, I think.
So all that done. The pussy bow isn’t long enough to tie in a bow but can be tied in a tie fashion as my photo. We can change this if it’s not right.
Now the bit I was dreading, the button holes and buttons. The bit I fear the most is lining them up and making the button holes fit the space. Even though I use the automatic button hole function on my machine, the button holes alway look massive. Anyway, I took things slowly and didn’t have any major disasters. It’s not perfect but looks ok. The hems on the sleeves and the body of the dress, went without a hitch.
It’s now winging its way back to the UK for my sister Angie to try on. She is going to do the photo shoot and send the shots back to me to edit and add to the blog post.
Now that you have seen and admired it, I will point out the major flaw if you haven’t seen it already. You must stare at the dress and the pattern and then you will see that some of the arrows go up and some go down. It doesn’t really notice as the pattern is so busy.
I realised the reason for this was because I cut the pieces out with the fabric folded over, so one piece of the dress front goes in one direction and the other in the other direction. In order to avoid this happening, I should have cut it out in one single piece. I don’t think it’s a complete disaster personally. The OH agrees. Let us see if sister Angie notices 🙃