I want to be around to see my grand children and great grandchildren grow up. I want to know what’s is like to be an old lady but not an ill old lady. I am going to try my best to make this happen.
This is what I figure I need to do:
1.Be Positive – it’s good to have an optimistic outlook – not always easy I know
2. Don’t smoke or take illegal drugs – I don’t
3. Drink alcohol in moderation – I don’t enjoy alcohol as much these days anyway so not difficult
4. Don’t eat too much sugar – this is a challenge…
5. Keep physically active – I garden, walk, cycle a bit and go to a yoga class once a week. http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20181210-gardening-could-be-the-hobby-that-helps-you-live-to-100
6. Keep my brain active – browsing, reading and talking does it for me
7. Keep learning new skills – we are learning Spanish and Ballroom dancing just now
8. Keep smiling – can’t help myself!
9. Have fun – These days I only spend time with people I like and only do the things that make me happy!
10. Stay at a healthy weight – my love of cooking makes this a challenge too…